2.19.2012

Lakers coach Mike Brown not apologizing for putting Showtime on the shelf

Some around Laker-land are not thrilled with the defensive-minded, grind-it-out style of play implemented under new coach Mike Brown. Where, they wonder, are the Showtime Lakers of years past?

"It's not something we're used to," Lakers executive Jim Buss, the son of owner Jerry Buss, said, according to the Los Angeles Times. "But if the team wins, I think it will become enjoyable; if it loses ...”


Brown, for his part, is making no apologies.

"Why would I try to appease the fans and play like we're not capable of playing with the guys that I can put on the floor?" Brown told the L.A. Times. "If we win, I don't care what style we play, it's going to be entertaining.”

Brown added that he does not sense any frustrations among fans who may prefer a more wide-open style of basketball. "No, I don't sense that," he said. "I don't feel it. Maybe that is because of the way the Clippers are playing and their ascent, but look at the players the Clippers have."

Buss stressed, “I think we have to give this approach time. I know it might take away from Showtime, but the ability to get defensive stops in the last minutes of games is something nice to have in your back pocket."

没有评论:

发表评论