2.22.2012

Marvin Williams says he has not demanded trade from Atlanta Hawks

Marvin Williams is denying an ESPN.com report that said he has asked to be traded from the Atlanta Hawks. He also stressed that he has not even complained about his role on the team’s offense, even though his minutes have decreased this season.

Williams, who missed Monday’s game against Chicago because of a death in the family, told the Atlanta Journal Constitution. “For starters, I haven’t even been here. I buried my cousin on Monday and woke up Tuesday to three text messages and six phone calls saying that I requested a trade. This is news to me. I’m at home. I don’t know what is going on.

“I saw a lot about what was written but you can ask anybody, LD (coach Larry Drew) or anybody, I’ve never complained about anything since I’ve been here. You know that. Any reporter that has followed me since I’ve been in Atlanta since ’05 has never heard me complain about anything. I’ve never complained about starting, not starting, shots, no shots, minutes played. That is just no my nature to complain. I’ve always been thankful for everything I’ve ever gotten.”

没有评论:

发表评论