2.15.2012

Metta World Peace, Mike Brown clear the air

Lakers coach Mike Brown sat down with Metta World Peace to address World Peace’s opinion that Brown’s decision are too heavily-weighted in statistics and that he should be getting more quality playing time despite his poor shooting. The two “talked and cleared the air,” and Brown and World Peace said that everything between them is just fine, the Los Angeles Daily News reports.

"The main thing is just winning," World Peace said before the Lakers beat the Atlanta Hawks, 86-78, on Tuesday night. "The main thing here is everybody wants to win. That's a good sign. I was not frustrated. It was not frustration. I was just looking for consistency."

Brown said, per the Daily News, "I'm the coach. I make the decisions. I'll make a change if I feel I need to. I talked not just to him but a lot of guys on the team because I have changed the minutes. ... If I were a stats guy, Metta wouldn't be playing at all. If I were him, I would be frustrated."

Despite the kumbaya moment between coach and player, World Peace’s status in L.A. appears rocky. Some of Lakers players told Fox Sports West that they’re concerned about their teammate's mental health and that they wouldn’t mind seeing him traded.

没有评论:

发表评论