3.30.2012

Arkansas freshman BJ Young submits name for NBA draft

Arkansas freshman guard BJ Young has submitted his name for consideration for the 2012 NBA draft, Razorbacks coach Mike Anderson announced today.

Young, who hasn't hired an agent and remains a student at Arkansas, has until April 10 to decide if he will remain in the draft or return to Arkansas for his sophomore season.

“BJ is using this time to gather information about his draft potential,” Anderson said in a release by the university. “By submitting his name for consideration for this year’s draft he will be able to find out what the scouts see in his game and make an informed decision about his future.”

Young led the Razorbacks and all Southeastern Conference freshmen this season with 15.3 points per game while shooting 50.4 percent from the floor, which ranked sixth in the league. His scoring average ranks third in Arkansas history for freshmen behind Scotty Thurman and Joe Johnson.

He was chosen second-team All-SEC and named to the SEC All-Freshman team by conference coaches.

“I love being a Razorback, and I see this as an opportunity to receive valuable feedback from the NBA advisory committee on my draft potential,” Young said in the release. “I want to make sure that I have all the information possible before I choose what is best for me and my family. Once I am able to look over all the facts, I will have a discussion with my family and coaches and decide what is best.”

没有评论:

发表评论