3.31.2012

Ray Allen not ready to return, still bothered by sore right ankle

Boston Celtics shooting guard Ray Allen was expected to play for the team last night against the Minnesota Timberwolves, but instead the veteran sharpshooter ended up missing his fifth straight game.

Allen has been bothered by a sore right ankle.

The 10-time All-Star went through his usual early shooting routine but the ankle simply did not respond well enough during the workout.

"He went through shootaround," Celtics coach Doc Rivers said. "He looked OK. I personally didn't think he looked great, but at that time he was playing. And then when I got to the arena I was informed he was not playing. We're just going to keep working at it, and eventually he'll be out there."

Allen admitted he pushed things by continuing to play on the ankle during a recent road trip.

"I still have swelling in it, and I had it the whole time--like the whole road trip--but I just played through it," Allen said.

In 41 games this season, Allen is averaging 14.6 points.

没有评论:

发表评论