3.31.2012

Boston Celtics hope to have Mickael Pietrus back for playoffs

Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers is hoping to have guard/forward Mickael Pietrus back in his rotation by the playoffs, but the coach doesn't expect to have Pietrus back before then.

"I can't imagine it being any sooner," Rivers said before Boston's 100-79 win on Friday night. "When I talked to him two days ago, he was talking about next week. But he has a concussion. That's the way I looked at the conversation. But I don't know. He may be right, but I doubt that. I would think with the severity of that injury, we would be very happy if he could return by the playoffs."

Pietrus can not return until he is approved through the NBA's new concussion policy, which includes getting cleared by the league's own neurologist.

Pietrus suffered the concussion on March 30 after an awkward fall in a game against the 76ers. Pietrus head never hit the floor but his neck snapped back, and he was taken off the court on a stretcher.

没有评论:

发表评论