3.20.2012

Danilo Gallinari fractures thumb, says recovery time won’t be short

Denver Nuggets small forward Danilo Gallinari fractured his left thumb Monday night when attempting to block a layup attempt by the Mavs’ Ian Mahinmi.

Gallinari, who shoots right handed, said, "I don't know how long it's going to be. It's not going to be short. It's a fracture. The doctor told me the fracture takes four weeks to heal. Hopefully I can put something on and play sooner than that."

"I'm pretty certain Gallo won't play Wednesday and we'll find out more (today)," Nuggets coach George Karl said, per the Denver Post.

“I tried to play through but it was getting worse second-by-second,” Gallinari said. “I didn’t know it was broken, but it hurt a lot. It’s unbelievable, but got to keep going, keep thinking positive and make this push for the playoffs.”

Gallinari returned to action March 5 after missing 13 games with an ankle injury. He leads the Nuggets in scoring with 15.2 points per game.

没有评论:

发表评论