3.27.2012

Kobe Bryant not pleased by being benched by Lakers coach Mike Brown

Lakers coach Mike Brown elected to sit Kobe Bryant for significant fourth-quarter minutes during L.A.’s 102-96 loss at home to the Memphis Grizzlies on Sunday, and Bryant was not happy about it.

With Brown subbing Metta World Peace in for Bryant with about 3:56 left in the game, the Grizzlies held onto their lead and went on to win, breaking a three-game losing streak.

Asked whether he was unhappy about Brown’s decision, Bryant responded, per the Orange County Register, “That’s a very astute observation.”

Said Brown, per the L.A. Times, "I felt I wanted to make a sub at the time so I did. Not one particular thing. Went with Metta for a couple minutes and then tried to go back to (Bryant). Obviously it didn't work."

Bryant, who returned to the floor with 1:51 left in the game, said he won’t hold any grudges toward Brown.

"It's his decision to make," Bryant said. "He makes the decision. He's the coach. If you guys are looking for a story, I'm not going to give you one. I can't sit here and criticize his decisions. In leading this ballclub, that's something I can't afford to do. I got to have his back. I've had his back the whole season; I can't start doing something crazy now. It wouldn't make no sense.”

Lakers center Andrew Bynum didn’t seem to understand the move. "I have no idea what was going on,” Bynum said, according to The Times. “Obviously, it was something (coaches) wanted to prove. You should ask those guys about it."

Brown said he probably will not discuss his decision with Bryant.

"I treat him the same as everybody most of the time," Brown said. "Obviously he's a superstar. And when you have superstars, you try to give them some leeway because they've been there and done that. But if I make a sub for somebody I don't feel like I always have to go explain to them why I made a sub."

1 条评论:

  1. Nice post. Your writing style is very beautiful and your article is very attractive. You share a
    very useful information that is very useful for a lot of people and it will also help for many people. Keep writing. Thanks for sharing.

    回复删除