3.15.2012

Wizards acquire Nene, move JaVale McGee, Nick Young in three-way deal

The Washington Wizards have acquired Nene from the Denver Nuggets in a three-way deal that sends JaVale McGee to Denver and Nick Young to the Los Angeles Clippers.

The Washington Post, reporting that the trade was close, says the deal would also send Wizards forward Ronny Turiaf to Denver and Clippers forward Brian Cook and a draft pick to Washington.

Nene, 29, is averaging 13.4 points and 7.4 rebounds so far this season after passing on several other offers in free agency to sign a five-year, $67 deal with the Nuggets. Last season, the 6-11 power forward led the NBA in field-goal percentage.

"I understood it's a business but friends, family, trust, care, you're not going to find in another place," Nene said at the time. "(Owner) Josh (Kroenke) and (GM) Masai (Ujiri), they told me you're very important and they showed me. I sat down with my family, with my friends and we made the smart decision.

"I feel good here. I love Denver. I've said in the past I wanted to be here and here I am. I feel like a rookie right now and it's exciting to think about reaching another big goal and bringing the Denver Nuggets to the top."

McGee, 23, is an extremely talented 7-footer who, at times, seems to make inexplicable decisions; this season alone, he has run back on defense while his team had the ball; thrown an alley-oop to himself on a fast break; and goaltended a ball several rows into the stands.

The Wizards, according to multiple reports, had quietly made the former first-round pick available in recent days. He's averaging 11.8 pounds, 8.8 rebounds and 2.5 blocks per game.

Young, 26, is another former first-round pick who has produced (16.6 points per game) with serious asterisks (.406 field-goal percentage). He'll attempt to fill the Clippers' hole at shooting guard created by Chancey Billups' injury.

没有评论:

发表评论