3.25.2012

Mickael Pietrus OK after scary fall

Mickael Pietrus appeared to escape serious injury in a scary fall on Friday night, and there's optimism that he'll return to the Boston Celtics this season.

"He was a very lucky man," Pietrus' agent William McCandless told ESPNBoston.com, adding that Pietrus' first question to an assistant at McCandless' agency was who won the game.

X-ray and CT scans showed no abnormalities, but Pietrus was set for more tests and may have a concussion, McCandless said.

"He's in very good spirits," Raoul Ramdine, Pietrus' business manager, told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher. "We're taking this seriously and we don't know quite what it is yet, but he's OK."

The Celtics ended up losing 99-86 to the Philadelphia 76ers.

Pietrus, 29, has averaged 6.8 points and 2.9 rebounds in 37 games with the Celtics, providing solid wing defense and a vocal, respectful locker-room presence, as the Boston Herald reported a few days before his injury.

“You have to know how to come up to your teammates,” Pietrus told the Herald. “I’m not going to curse my teammates, because they are part of my family. I’m going to tell them what I think of the team and how we can get better the next day... At the end of the day we can all go home with a ring.

“I’m speaking from my heart. It’s better to make the team better. Sometimes you have to have that locker-room talk. I didn’t do it my first couple of years in the NBA. But after 10 years in the NBA you start to see things different.”

1 条评论: